How and why authors should develop email lists

Today I wrote a chapter on the hows and whys of creating an email list of your readers.  Here I am posting the chapter as is.  I wrote it in about two hours and as I went through the process I also created the opt-in form I describe below.  

That opt-in form asks you, you guessed it, to sign up to be on my email list.  I made it nice and green and early fluorescent so if you've missed it you are officially color blind. I promise never to hold this against you if you will be so kind as to sign up... pretty please.


I need to edit this chapter as it is quite clunky.  So it will sound much better in the book (it better!), and I will perhaps add a few important points that did not come to mind as I first wrote it. But for the sake of de-dramatizing the  blogging process, to show you how messy and imperfect is really okay in blogging, I'm leaving it as is.  


Don't shoot me if I mixed up my there, their, they're, and thaires, or if I skipped some words or if my grammar sucks and my vocab is weak. This is what we call in the bidness a crappy first draft. ideas pouring out, no inner judge. Perfectionism is the enemy of productivity.  I let my ideas flow, and here is 1.45 minutes later, the pdf.  


Why did I leave it as a pdf file rather than cut and paste into this blog post?  because it is imperfect and I don't want it to be copied and quoted as is. Have you notice you can copy chucks of this text onto a document but you can only read and print a pdf?  exactly!


So here it is: How and Why author should develop their own email list

No comments:

Post a Comment