Palm Springs Writers Guild

Were you there yesterday?  Did you feel it?

Speaking at the Writers Guild was such a wonderful experience for me, I thought I would share some of my thoughts with you.  Okay, first of all, I need to exercise because my wrist could not hold that microphone in place and it keept ever so slowly creeping away from my mouth.  Then I'd realize it and move it back and the sound of my voice would jolt me upward.  I'm not exactly a pro at this.

Also I came in with all kinds of lofty ideas on 'sharing' and 'giving back to the community' and 'inspiring writers to take action' but guess who got the most out of it?
Me.
I'm sure of it.
Your generosity and support, your open faces and spontaneous expressions of appreciation made me feel soooo good! I just loved the energy in the room.  Your kindness after the talk, as many came to speak to me and buy my novel, as well as the emails I have been receiving since were the icing on the cake.
You have also energized me to get the book on self publishing done.  I am burning to work on my new novel but I guess I will shuffles priorities around because so many of you are eager to get concrete answers to your questions.

One of you emailed me about the fact that I did not get a chance to speak about reviews, as I had promised, so I will tackle this very important point in my next post sometime this week.

Above this post is a link/survey about the talk.  If you have a few minutes would you tell me what you thought of it so that I can make those presentations and the upcoming book better?

Again, thank you for coming, and thank you for your support. And a huge thank you to the amazing Sunny for organizing the whole thing

corine

No comments:

Post a Comment